University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Campus Resources


What kinds of housing options are available?

Several on-campus and off-campus housing options are available to students. Because signing a lease is a major legal contract, it is important that you look at all options available before making a decision. The following resources are a helpful place to start.

Tenant Union
326 Illini Union
1401 W. Green St., Urbana
(217) 333-0112

The Tenant Union provides free housing-related services, including lease review, landlord complaint records, assistance in locating housing, and help with landlord problems. They are an excellent resource for helping compare the price of apartments to residence halls.

University Housing
100 Clark Hall
1203 S. 4th St., Champaign

Whether you are a first-year student, upperclassman, graduate student, or will be coming to campus with your family, University Housing has many options to choose from. In addition to undergraduate residence halls, upperclassmen can join upper-division learning communities or live at a University Apartment. See links below.

(217) 333-5656

Private Certified Housing
100 Clark Hall
1203 S. 4th St., Champaign
(217) 333-1420

Private Certified Housing (PCH) facilities are owned by local or national housing companies. They have completed a University of Illinois certification process. Freshmen are eligible to live in PCH housing. These facilities offer a wide range of living options, amenities and rates.

Campus & Community Student Services

Campus and Community Student Services provides resources about living in the greater Urbana-Champaign area. The Center assists students with navigating life off-campus safely and engaging with the many opportunities available to individuals living in Champaign County.


Where can I go for legal assistance?

Student Legal Services
324 Illini Union
1401 W. Green St., Urbana
(217) 333-9053

The purpose of the Student Legal Service is to inform students of practical aspects of the law as applied to their individual problems. SLS can provide consultation relating to landlord/tenant issues, traffic tickets, misdemeanor charges, name changes, small claims, auto accidents and insurance problems, student discipline, and other miscellaneous problems.


Are there any services that help with career exploration and job search strategies?

Career Center
715 S. Wright St., Champaign
(217) 333-0820

The Career Center can assist students with job search strategies, career and major exploration, health careers advising, and graduate school information. They offer several workshops and trainings for resume and cover letter writing, interviewing tips, and preparing for a job fair.


What opportunities are there for me to enhance my leadership skills?

Illinois Leadership Center
290 Illini Union
1401 W. Green St., Urbana
(217) 333-0604

As a veteran, you have already demonstrated an ability to lead. The Illinois Leadership Center offers several programs including a formal certificate program and Leadership Workshop Series. The Center provides opportunities for students to develop specific leadership skills while also learning more about their own personal and leadership styles.


I’m having difficulty adjusting to the University, where can I go?

Emergency Dean / Student Assistance Center
Office of the Dean of Students

300 Turner Student Services Building, Champaign
(217) 333-0050

The Student Assistance Center offers counseling, referral services, advocacy, absence verification letters, and serves as an intake resource for various concerns. The Emergency Dean offers 24-hour-a-day services to students and families experiencing any sort of an emergency.